EPFL SB MATHGEOM DCG
MA C1 585 (Bâtiment MA)
Office: MA C1585
Hello! My name is Claudiu and I am a PhD student at EPFL, under the supervision of prof. János Pach.
Research interest: algebraic techniques in combinatorial geometry, also with an eye on topological methods.
Here is my CV.
- Four-variable expanders over the prime fields – with D. Koh, H. Nassajian Mojarrad, and T. Pham, 2017, Submitted. (arxiv)
- Near equipartitions of colored point sets – with A. Holmsen and J. Kynčl, Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications 65, 35-42, 2017. (journal /arxiv)
- Distinct distances between points and lines in F_q^2 – with N. D. Phuong, T. Pham, N. M. Sang, and L. A. Vinh, 2016, accepted to Forum Mathematicum. See also (arxiv)
- On the number of ordinary conics – with T. Boys and F.de Zeeuw, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 30, 1644-1659, 2016. (journal /arxiv)
- Schwartz-Zippel bounds for two-dimensional products – with H. Nassajian Mojarrad, T. Pham, and F.de Zeeuw, 2015, Submitted. (arxiv)
- Distinct distances between points and lines – with M. Sharir, S. Smorodinsky, and F. de Zeeuw, EUROCG 2015, Ljubljana, 165-168, Submitted. (conference /arxiv)
- Distinct values of bilinear forms on algebraic curves – with F. de Zeeuw, Contributions to Discrete Mathematics, 11 (1), 31-45, 2016. (journal /arxiv)
- A note on direct products and Ext^1 contravariant functors – with F. Pop, Bulletin of the Malaysian Mathematical Sciences Society 39 (1), 173-180, 2016. (journal)
Courses at EPFL (as teaching assistant)
- Fall 2016: Analyse avancée (instructor: Prof. C. Hongler)
- Spring 2016: Graph theory (instructor: Dr. F. De Zeeuw)
- Fall 2015: Discrete mathematics (instructor: Prof. J. Pach)
- Spring 2015: Graph theory (instructor: Dr. A. Kupavskii)
- Fall 2014: Discrete mathematics (instructor: Prof. J. Pach)
- Spring 2014: Packing and covering (instructor: Prof. J. Pach)
- Fall 2013: Linear algebra (instructor: Prof. J. Pach)