I am currently a postdoc in the Combinatorial Geometry group of Janos Pach. I did my PhD in the same group under the supervision of Prof. Janos Pach. I am interested in applications of algebraic, probabilistic, and combinatorial methods to various problems in discrete geometry and combinatorics.
Office: MA C1 557
Email: hossein.mojarrad at epfl.ch
- EPFL, 2013 – 2017
PhD in Mathematics
- Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran, 2010 – 2013
B.Sc. in Mathematics
- An improved upper bound for the Erdős-Szekeres conjecture, with G. Vlachos.
- On sets defining few ordinary circles, with A. Lin, M. Makhul, J. Schicho, K. Swanepoel, and F. de Zeeuw.
- Schwartz-Zippel bounds for two-dimensional products, with T. Pham, C. Valculescu, and F. de Zeeuw.
- Conditional expanding bounds for two-variable functions over arbitrary fields, with T. Pham.
- Four-variable expanders over the prime fields, with D. Koh, T. Pham, and C. Valculescu.
- On the existence of ordinary triangles, with R. Fulek, M. Naszódi, J. Solymosi, S. U. Stich, and M. Szedlák.
- Two extensions of the Erdős-Szekeres problem, with A. Holmsen, J. Pach, and G. Tardos.
Submitted to a journal. (arXiv)